Our church was formed following a revival service, in April 1942, as Wellston Baptist Church. The church met with the Methodist church in a building at the corner of Watson Boulevard and Fourth Street known as the “lodge”. God blessed as the church grew quickly and renamed themselves First Baptist Church of Warner Robins. By the mid 1940’s, the church had purchased land and built a chapel at its current location on Watson Boulevard. The church was marked by revivals and a passion to reach the growing community of Warner Robins.
The church continued to grow as God used a faithful body of believers and succession of Godly pastors to make a difference in Warner Robins. By the late 1950’s, the church had added a new worship center and education building to try and keep up with the growth. God led Reverend Harold Moore to be pastor during this time and the church experienced its greatest growth under his leadership. Harold Moore faithfully served and led FBCWR for 24 years before he retired.
Since then, the church has experienced both victories and difficulties but has continued to be fueled by the same passion on which it was founded: to reach the growing community of Warner Robins. It is our desire to see the people in our community transformed but the power of the Gospel through believers who love God, love others, and are actively making disciples. We are thankful for God’s work in the history of our church and look forward to His continued work in the years to come.